Quote of the Moment

They’ve done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time. — Anchorman

Thursday 7 April 2011

10 Favourite Trailers Of All Time

Hey! I'm going to post my all time favourite trailers. I thought this would be an interesting insight :).


Watchmen

Why its awesome - The music for me makes this trailer! (Smashing Pumpkins - The Beginning is the End is the Beginning) The actions sequences that are also shown are probably a highlight as well.  Also being a fan of the graphic novel this trailer shows that it is living up to its expectations.


Trailer better than the movie - No, movie is still better then the trailer, just wish they put that song in the film that would have been awesome!!


Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Why its awesome - It is the scariest trailer I have ever seen! Please do not watch this in the dark or even by yourself because it is soo freaky!  I swear I had a nightmare after watching it and it was only a trailer!
Trailer better than the movie - Haven't seen this film yet, really want to though. So when I do get to see it I will update this post.


Shutter Island

Why its awesome - Like most trailers for psychological thrillers, the trailer is usually awesome. Really gets you thinking, and it makes you really want to know that is happening at this mental hospital/jail or whatever it is.
Trailer better than the movie - To some degree.  This is because I felt that the trailer had a better vibe than the actually movie, I feel like the trailer brought so many more expectations to the film that the film did not meet.  But it was still a good film, trailer was better though I guess.


Cloverfield

Why its awesome - Because it was full of mystery and full of suspense.  It was something that I had never seen before and it was an excellent idea to present the trailer the way they did, not giving anything away.  Good job JJ!
Trailer better than the movie - No way trailer was just a stepping stone. Film was one of a kind, it was amazing! Best film for the year 2008 that's for sure!


The Strangers

Why its awesome - The mystery of 'Who are these 'strangers'" was the main factor into why the trailer was so good.  Also the scary music on the record player added to much more to the scary factor.
Trailer better than the movie - No. The film was way better, more suspense.


Unbreakable

Why its awesome - I LOVED THIS TRAILER. (this was back when M. Night was great!)  This trailer ran to many questions thought my head and all I wanted to do was watch the movie to find out what was going on.
Trailer better than the movie - No. Movie was better.  One of my favourites.


Sin City

Why its awesome - Once again this trailer was showing fans of the graphic novel that they has stayed very true to the way that the graphic novel is presented.  I couldn't believe how much these actors looked like the ugly characters in the novel. 
Trailer better than the movie - No. Film wayyyyyy better, more action and you get to see how each of the stories intertwine.


Devil

Why its awesome -  The mystery of course.  WHO IS THE DEVIL??
Trailer better than the movie - Hell Yeah!!

Garden State

Why its awesome - Its very quirky and is something that seems new in film making. Really love the sarcastic humor. "Are you he guy who killed himself", "Yes" HAHA
Trailer better than the movie - Yes. Trailer was actually better than the film. I haven't see the movie in a while but I think I can remember that I turned it off before it was finished. Didn't like it at all.

No comments: