Quote of the Moment

They’ve done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time. — Anchorman

Tuesday 8 January 2013

My Top 10 Films of 2012

I have put together a list of my favourite films of 2012.  I have a few honorable mentions and a list of films that I haven't seen that would probably be in my list.

I put together this list with the intention of having the films that entertained me the most this year apart of the list.  These films are not necessarily the best filmatic wise, nor am I saying they are.

* All pictures used remain with the copyright holder.*

Honorable Mentions

I have 3 honorable mentions that didn't make the list

Men In Black 3

This film went above and beyond my expectations.  I laughed, I cried and had an all-round great time while watching it.  But please, not Men In Black 4--it doesn't need it.

Chronicle


I love superhero movies and or stories and I love found-footage films, put them together and you get Chronicle.  This film was a dream for me, even though it has its flaws, I couldn't not mention it as one of the best of 2012.

Sinister

The imagery of this film is fantastic and the image of the demon really sticks with you.  As I was watching it I thought, this film is way to predictable and what I thought would happen at the end didn't and it totally redeemed itself.

Now for the list...

10. Skyfall


Although I have no been able to see Skyfall yet I already know I will like it and it will be in my top 10.  From what I have heard and seen of the film already this will definitely go down as one of the best bond films ever.  And I love Daniel Craig so that has also bumped it up.


9. Prometheus


The anticipation and hype that I had for this film before I saw it was so high.  This film didn't disappoint me at all.  Even though it did have flaws I was still entertained the whole time and liked it from start to finish.  I am not much of a sci-fi girl but this I really enjoyed.

8. Project X

As I mentioned before I do enjoy found-footage films and Project X didn't fail to capture my attention.  This film was unique to the found-footage genre and is one film that really gets you in the party mood.  Watch this before a night out and you will be wanting to videotape everything you ever do.

7. V/H/S


The third found-footage entry in this list is V/H/S.  I love the found-footage aspect mixed with horror.  This was fresh to me since it was an anthology (which will be very popular in coming years) and it wasn't the normal Paranormal Activity scary film.  Unique, original and keeps you glued to your couch! Can't wait for the sequel this year. Check out my review!

6. The Amazing Spiderman


I wasn't that excited for The Amazing Spiderman but man I should have been.  The film did have its ups and downs with plot and advertising but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.  I love both Andrew and Emma so it was great to see them.


5. Django Unchained


The 24th of January can't come soon enough! Yes, I have not seen Django Unchained yet but I know that it will be in my top 10.  I am a massive Tarantino fan and love everyone of his movies to death.  From what I have heard about this film is that it is a true piece of Tarantino work and every fan of his will love it.  So excited, can't wait! Bring. It. On.

4. 21 Jump Street


This was my favourite comedy of the year!  I love and chemistry between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum and they were both brilliant.  This film even inspired me to write a story which has had great reviews.  A sequel to this will be a must see in the next few years.

Finger poppin' each others assholes!!

3. Looper


This was a fun sci-fi film to watch.  I enjoyed the plot and the simplicity of the films time travel theme.  The make-up on JGL was amazing--he looked so much like a young Bruce Willis.  There were a few times I had to look away because of the confrontational imagery.


2. Cabin in the Woods


As a massive fan of horror I appreciated this film so much.  I love intertexuality and references and this film had a ton.  It had an original concept and was not like anything I have seen before.  The film was very self aware and it reminded me of one of my horror favourites--Scream.  The only thing that would have made it the best film ever would be to have recognisable horror film villains in the boxes--that would be amazing!!

1.The Dark Knight Rises


A 2012 favourite film list would be incomplete without The Dark Knight Rises.  I had been waiting to see this movie ever since the credits rolled in The Dark Knight.  The hype that was surrounded this film was explosive and being a mad Batman fan I was so pumped for this film. This film was the perfect film to finish Nolan's Batman trilogy, it completed a part of me and I was so happy where they went with it and what they did, perfect! 






No comments: